win a trip
2011 aCF nationaL
shaDow aCF nationaL
presiDent MiChaeL ty,
Submit an essay describing why you aspire to be a
culinary leader and how shadowing ACF National
President Michael Ty, CEC, AAC, during the 2011 ACF
National Convention will help you reach your goal.
Five finalists will be selected for a conference call
interview with Chef Ty; one winner will be named.
Winner will be announced June 13. Winner will
attend the 2011 ACF National Convention, July 23-26,
in Dallas, Texas, and will shadow Chef Ty. Airfare,
accommodations and full registration will be provided.
• All essays—completed, signed and accompanied by
the necessary documents—must be postmarked by
May 4, 2011, and mailed to:
Be Like “Mike” contest
Attn: Patricia Carroll, Communications
American Culinary Federation
180 Center Place Way, St. Augustine, FL 32095
• Must be an ACF member in good standing since
Dec. 31, 2010, and at least 18 years old.
• Must be either a first-, second- or third-year full-time culinary student enrolled in either a degree-granting, diploma or certificate postsecondary
culinary program, or an apprentice in an ACFEF
• Application must be completed and signed.
• Submit a color photo in the appropriate chef apparel
and toque in 300 dpi resolution.
• Signed letter of endorsement from the student’s
department chair and/or school/apprenticeship
director on letterhead must accompany the
application and essay.
• No bold or underline. Do not use charts,
tables or graphs.
• Must be an original work prepared by the
culinary student or apprentice.
• Student must be available July 21-27, 2011, to
attend 2011 ACF National Convention in Dallas,
Texas. Guests are not allowed to accompany the winner.
• All submissions become the property of ACF.
• ACF reserves the right to contact faculty or
administrators at any entrant’s school or
apprenticeship program to confirm enrollment and
verify endorsement. In the event that enrollment or
endorsement letter cannot be confirmed, entrant will
be disqualified from the contest.
• Entrants agree, by signing a release waiver, to allow
ACF to post their essays on www.acfchefs.org and
use their names and essays in promotional materials
for publicity purposes. ACF will give appropriate
attribution. Compensation will not be provided.
• Failure to follow the contest guidelines and essay
requirements may lead to disqualification from