Did you read all the articles in this issue?
Take the Sizzle Quiz to test your knowledge.
1. What type of fermented drink is kombucha?
c. Grape juice
d. Fruit punch
2. How often is the Internationale Kochkunst
Ausstellung (IKA) held?
c. Every third year
d. Once every four years
3. Historically, farmers have been “burned” by
buyers who do what?
a. Don’t pay their bills
b. Find something cheaper and purchase
outside of the contract
c. Refuse to buy ugly produce
d. Only want to purchase from
4. Sourcing the majority of a restaurant’s produce
from a single farm does what?
a. Supports one farm more significantly,
rather than diversifying funds too widely
across many farms
b. Makes the bookwork much easier to manage
c. Allows for one delivery rather than several
d. Keeps fewer farms in business
5. Many root vegetables are high in what?
a. Beta carotene
b. Vitamin C
c. Dietary fiber
d. All of the above
6. For root vegetables, the ideal storage
temperature is about what?
7. Which of the following is not provided by
home meal delivery services?
a. Free delivery
b. Online cooking videos
c. Pre-cooked meals
d. Packaged ingredients and recipes
8. How much money can beginners in the home
meal delivery industry expect to make?
a. Minimum wage
b. About the same as an entry level
c. About the same as a kitchen manager
d. About the same as an executive chef
9. What large population significantly
contributed to the iconic status of the
Wisconsin fish fry?
b. Baby boomers
c. German Catholics
d. All of the above
10. Respecting the classic version of any dish is
the first step in doing what?
a. Writing the recipe
b. Identifying the significance of each ingredient
c. Modernizing it
d. Appreciating the flavor
11. The process of making the perfect poelé is as
much about control as it is about what?
12. What is the best way to cook the Cornish
hen breast when making a poelé?
a. Chopped into chunks
b. Covered for an hour
c. Submerged in water
d. With the bone in
13. Which of the following states is not typically
factored into the geographical region from
which Southwestern cuisine comes?
a. New Mexico
14. What population heavily influenced the
development of what we now know as
a. Pan handlers
b. Native Americans
15. Which of the following does Julie Dupont
not use in making her ice carvings?
a. Chain saws
b. Die grinders
30 18 42