Did you read all the articles in this issue?
Take the Sizzle Quiz to test your knowledge.
1. Black Forest cake is a traditional dessert
from what country?
2. What is the trick to making a classic Black
Forest cake, according to Maisam Ghannam?
c. Kirschwasser or cherry brandy
d. Fresh cherries
3. According to Casey Shiller, CEPC, what
does every modern plated dessert need?
a. A stunning main component
b. A complex flavor profile
c. A colorful garnish
d. All of the above
4. Johnson & Wales University offers this
service to help students understand finances and
provides career, lifestyle and other advice.
5. A FICO credit score is a three-digit number
that ranges from 300 to 850 used, with other factors,
to determine whether or not to extend credit and
the interest rate to charge for that credit.
6. “Pub” is short for what term?
a. Public establishment
b. Public fare
c. Public house
d. Public restaurant
7. At Péché, the menu items are designed to
pair perfectly with what drink?
8. Chef Bernard Henry says that some of
the people in his classes think the most
important piece of equipment in their kitchen
is the crockpot.
9. Chef Denise Norton often breaks her
instruction down to this many steps to make it
easier for participants to grasp.
10. In Robert Irvine’s demonstration, he asserted
that “______ makes the dish.”
11. Piadina is a type of:
a. Traditional Italian flatbread
b. Pasta dish
c. Pasta dough
d. None of the above
12. How long was Gautreau’s closed following
a. 1 year
b. 1½ years
c. 2 years
d. 2½ years
13. Zemanick was featured on what cooking
a. Top Chef
c. Iron Chef America
d. Top Chef: Masters
14. Chefs are often inspired by family
members. Zemanick was inspired by one of her
d . Russia